MercyMed started a garden and we want our neighbors in the Highland Community to get involved! Here is a list of upcoming work days where you can get your hands dirty.
- July 29 – 9 am meet at the garden to rake up weeds and gravel behind Don as he tills the entire plot with a tractor. Plant seeds for pole beans and cowpeas. Build trellis for pole beans. Should just be 2-3 hours at the most.
- August 5 – routine maintenance, add in fertilizer, compost, peet moss. start seeds for kale, collards, whatever other fall vegetable plants I can get donated.
- August 12 – tending the beds, pulling up squash, transfer bean sprouts to ground.
- Sept 9 – plant “cool season” veg- broccoli, collards, turnips, kale, etc
Also some of these things may get done during the weeks in between by volunteers who plan to be here a few hours throughout the week. This schedule is just a rough timeline. If you are interested in being a more frequent volunteer (weeding, picking vegetables, maintaining the garden) throughout the week, please email me separately!
Can’t make it to a work day? Here’s other way to help:
- Donate Items
- Soaker Hoses
- Garden Shed
- Produce Fridge
- Reusable Produce Bags
- Skilled and unskilled workers
- Irrigation systems
Interested in getting involved? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org